Pros:The Genesis Extender Plugin is a product by Cobalt Apps. When I found the plugin, I seriously wondered why I didn’t know about it sooner.
The Extender Plugin is definitely on my top list of essential plugins for Genesis designers. If you’re not a designer, or you want an easier way to change things up in Genesis, then you’ll probably love the next add-on on our list.
As you can see from the layout above, you can use the plugin to create the Widgetized Homepage that Prose always lacked before. There a plenty of other things that you can do with the plugin, so if you use Prose, this is a definitely something you should take a look at.
Genesis Extender Plugin by Cobalt Apps
Find Hooks Easily With Genesis Visual Hook Guide
Get eNews Extended Plugin
Yet another great add-on from DeckerWeb.
Though this is a nice option, after testing it out a bit, I found that navigating the capabilities of this was a bit clunky. It’s a great plugins if you can figure out how to get it set up right. Thankfully, there are tutorials out there to help you out in case you need it, like this one: Genesis Responsive Slider Tutorial.
The world of the web has taken the turn towards smaller screens. With that being the case, not only should you website be responsive and adjust to be visually appealing on smaller screens, but so should your pictures.
Though the Genesis Framework doesn’t initially come out of the box with working with WooCommerce, this plugin will solve your issue.
If you’d like a detailed tutorial of how to use this with MailChimp and any of the other services listed above, here is a great tutorial by Brandon.
The price for the plugin is and though using it does make it easier to upload a logo, it’s not a save all. You still have to edit and add some code depending on what theme you use.
Price for the plugin starts at for a single site and goes up to 9 to be able to use it on unlimited sites. If you want to see a quick demo of how everything looks and feels with the plugin, check out the video demo below.
Using this plugin your can take the original look of the Prose theme and change to something a little more like the News Theme Pro.
The Genesis Logo Uploader Plugin helps in overstepping this mild issues that many run into. The plugin isn’t free, but thankfully not too expensive either.
Get The Genesis Extender Plugin
The Genesis Framework is one of the best selling frameworks around. Its lightweight code makes it perfect for better page load speeds and SEO in general.
The plugin itself extends a lot of the functionality on your Genesis child theme. (thus the name) After it’s upload, it adds two new options to the Genesis section on your WordPress Dashboard menu:
After you install the plugin, the “Simple Hooks” option will be added to your Genesis Menu in your WordPress Dashboard.
The Genesis Visual Hook Guide is just that. If you don’t plan to use the Genesis Extender Plugins, then this is a good plugin to help with finding hooks. Even if you do, this is a nice way to figure out where all those hooks are located in your theme.
- If you’re a designer or developer, this plugin will speed up Genesis Theme design
- Custom CSS Builder is easy to use and comes with the Front-end builder to let you design in real time
- Building hooks and even PHP is now a breeze as much of the code it written from just a few clicks
- Interface is easy to understand and navigate for just about anyone
- The ability to customize font, colors and padding is a snap
- Perfect for beginners looking to save some money on get their Genesis Framwork site designed
- Free! No need to pay for a subscription widget. This one works great!
- Works with some of the main Email Campaign services out there
- Installation is fast and easy if you use Mailpoet
- Always Free and continually updated
- Widgetized Homepage is great for giving Prose theme a fresh look with no CSS needed
- The extra layouts are another great free feature
- New Sidebar layouts are included too
- Adds extra layout options to your Genesis child themes
- Makes adding listing to your AgentPress site easy
- Helps to keep listing in order
- Free and updated
- Allows you to create a responsive slider by pulling images from pages or posts of your site
- Free visual aide
- Great for being able to locate action/filter hooks in Genesis Framework
- Cuts down time in coding your hooks
- Easy to navigate if you know how to use hooks
- Perfect to work in unison with the Visual Hook Guide plugin
- Let’s you easily create a 404 and Search Not found page via the Widget area of your dashboard
- Create a better user experience
- Makes adding a Logo to the Genesis Framework and child themes easier
- Good price for what is it does
- Makes your Genesis Framework powered themes compatible with WooCommerce and all it’s functions without overriding your theme settings
- Takes some code that needs to be used carefully or you’ll break your site…
Other Great Plugins For Genesis Framework
- Genesis Connect For BuddyPress. If you’d like to turn your website into a social network, then BuddyPress is likely your best option. With Genesis Connect For BuddyPress, simple upload the plugin and your website will be compatible with the software.
- bbPress Genesis Extend. bbPress is an easy way to setup a forum on your WordPress website. In the past, connecting bbPress to a Genesis theme took a bit of code, as did the previous two mentioned. However, with bbPress Genesis Extend, you simple upload, activate and you’re good to go.
- Genesis Translations. As it stands, the Genesis Framework is not translation ready. If you’d like your site to translate into another language where you believe that your site will be found, then the Genesis Translations plugin is a good place to start. The language selection found inside isn’t extensive but you may find the one that you need.
- Genesis Title Toggle. Want to be able to hide the Title of a page post type from your Genesis Theme? Search no further. This plugin will allow to hide the Title with the simple click of a button.
- Simple Social Icons. The name is exactly that. It gives you a simple way to add social icons into your widget areas. Not only can you easily add the icons, but you can customize the icon colors to get something that resembles your sites color scheme.
- Social Circles. This one offers simple and customizable circles. You can change, the font, color and hover color to go along with your theme. It can be fun and cute, or business inspired. It’s really up to you.
Another fantastic feature that I really love, is the Custom CSS Builder and Front-end CSS builder that can be activated in the Custom Options.